Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

June babes 2011 Lock Rss

That sucks, I can't imagine not seeing DH for a whole week. It's bad enough that he works 10-12 hours a day, and then travels an hour in each direction! Have you got some family or g/friends you can catch up with?

It's so frustrating, the only way I can get DD to sleep during the day is by having the vacuum cleaner on outside her door. And within 5 mins of turning it off she's awake! I get so sick of that obnoxious noise, the neighbours must think I have very clean floors!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Tahra&Kate - What is it with hubbies workplaces!! When I was 39wks preg DH's work told him he would be sacked if he tried to leave on the w/end if I went into labour. How ridiculous! He's been applying for jobs also. Sorry to hear you have mastitis. I have heard though that during an episode of mastitis is not a good time to stop bf?? Anyhow, I hope it clears up quickly for you. And awesome news on DD using the toilet, how old is she? I look forward to being able to bypass the diaper section at the supermarket lol!

My baby girl was born on 10 june. she was due on 31st of may! 2 days after my birthday! she was 10 days late.

I went into the hospital at 6:30am as i have a appointment to get inducted. it didnt happened until about 12pm.. she was born at 8:35pm so 8 and half hours of labour. she was 8 pound 2oz. and 51cm longs.

It was a best belate painful birthday present i ever got!
My DD was born june 15th, 14 days after her due date.
my waters broke at 4:30am on the 14th and i had an appt at the hospital at 10 to book an induction!

i went home after my appt and the contractions started, i went back at about 8:30 pm when they got to 3 mins apart but my DD wasnt born untill 5:38am,26 hours+ of labour with only gas and i only got to see her briefly b4 she was rushed to NICU!

Then while the doctor was doing stitches the bed broke and tore those stitches so i had to go in to theatre and didnt get to go in to nicu till later that night and didnt get to hold her till later the next day!

at first the whole thing put me off having anymore children, but the love i have for my DD has definately persuaded me otherwise

That sucks, I can't imagine not seeing DH for a whole week. It's bad enough that he works 10-12 hours a day, and then travels an hour in each direction! Have you got some family or g/friends you can catch up with?

It's so frustrating, the only way I can get DD to sleep during the day is by having the vacuum cleaner on outside her door. And within 5 mins of turning it off she's awake! I get so sick of that obnoxious noise, the neighbours must think I have very clean floors!

that is so funny about the vacuum cleaner laugh , can you record it and play that in her room, or try a radio on static.

no I have no family here, they are all interstate and I have really only made one friend and she is currently getting really bad migraines (IVF hormones going crazy) so she is out of action. he comes home today yay. I am racking up a pretty big phone bill, I call my mum most nights after talking to DH.

welcome to the new mummies, Jessi-j what a birth story, did I read right? the bed broke!!!!

Deb_matt I have always loved the name Alyssa.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

Welcome to the new Mums! I hope you are all enjoying these first weeks with your beautiful bubs. Love hearing people's birth stories too.

DH works in the city and leaves at 7am, back home before 6pm. I'm starting to watch the clock at about 4pm, so I can't imagine how hard it would be if he didn't come home at night at all. I take my hat off to you mums that are doing so much on your own.

This morning I took the boys down to the park to feed the ducks. (I know it's not very good for them but I can't help myself!). I felt really proud of myself as I usually freak out watching DS1 close to the water's edge. I have to remember that he's growing up and it's pretty unlikely that he'll throw himself into the water while I'm holding his hand. blink

Have now had a few days in a row when the boys longer day naps have coincided! Feeling very lucky but it gives me more time to notice housework that needs doing. DS2 is not a big day sleeper unless he falls asleep in my arms or in the pram but I have been able to leave him in bed through small wake ups and he'll put himself back to sleep.

Tahra&Kate: Please take care of yourself with the mastitis. I have also heard that it is better to feed through it and then stop later. If that's not an option, maybe you can express off a bit?

Claire: First day in the MCN's today as tomorrow is sunny. Used 'sposies when we were out so I'll give you a review in the next post. wink

that is so funny about the vacuum cleaner laugh , can you record it and play that in her room, or try a radio on static.

no I have no family here, they are all interstate and I have really only made one friend and she is currently getting really bad migraines (IVF hormones going crazy) so she is out of action. he comes home today yay. I am racking up a pretty big phone bill, I call my mum most nights after talking to DH.

welcome to the new mummies, Jessi-j what a birth story, did I read right? the bed broke!!!!

Deb_matt I have always loved the name Alyssa.

yes thats right the bed BROKE lol
Hi all,
well, my paid parental leave money has finished (I'm in NZ and we get 14 weeks paid parental leave at 80% of your pay or $400ish a week before tax whichever is the SMALLER amount) so we are now incomeless. DH is a builder and they are between jobs at the moment. I'm feeling a bit panicky. We have some savings but not enough to survive too long. I'm a teacher and am not supposed to be going back to work until term 3 next year.
I'm thinking about becoming a Tupperware demonstrator. I went to a party yesterday and had a good talk to the demonstrator there and she is coming for another talk on Wednesday. I'm really not sure though, I don't have many friends and don't want to be the one who is always trying to sell something!
On the kiddies side of things, last night Georgie slept from 8pm until 7am!!! She is amazing! Hazel was a terrible sleeper so I don't quite know what to make of it smile . I'm taking her for a Plunket visit today and it will be interesting to see how tall she is and what she weighs, to me she seems really long.
Does anyone have any experience with Tupperware? I just want to know what I would be in for if I did go ahead with it.
Hi everyone.

jessi-j, that was my fear whenever I climbed on and off those darned hospital beds, glad it didn't happen to me. Would have been pretty scary I imagine, but hopefully not too painful.

Nodrog - I hope your DH gets work soon!
My dad is a Plasterer so I know all about the down times. My parents tried to hide it from us but it got harder as we all got older.

My mastitis is nearly all gone, still a bit tender though. I expressed every few hours to get rid of the milk, it was too painful to not do anything, surprisingly though it didn't hurt to express. Maybe we got to it in time? Anyway, bubba went looking for booby the other day and I put him on, so now we're back to breast and bottle feeding. I said I wasn't ready to give it up! grin And nothing beats the drunken look they get after a good feed. We still top him up with formula after both boobs so I think my supply has suffered but that's ok. It's more of a comfort to him then anything I think. smile
Have to take him for his jabs this week. Not looking forward to it. sad

Hi everyone.

jessi-j, that was my fear whenever I climbed on and off those darned hospital beds, glad it didn't happen to me. Would have been pretty scary I imagine, but hopefully not too painful.

Nodrog - I hope your DH gets work soon!
My dad is a Plasterer so I know all about the down times. My parents tried to hide it from us but it got harder as we all got older.

My mastitis is nearly all gone, still a bit tender though. I expressed every few hours to get rid of the milk, it was too painful to not do anything, surprisingly though it didn't hurt to express. Maybe we got to it in time? Anyway, bubba went looking for booby the other day and I put him on, so now we're back to breast and bottle feeding. I said I wasn't ready to give it up! grin And nothing beats the drunken look they get after a good feed. We still top him up with formula after both boobs so I think my supply has suffered but that's ok. It's more of a comfort to him then anything I think. smile
Have to take him for his jabs this week. Not looking forward to it. sad

yeah i was terrified it would happen, but not so mch when it happened cause i was to worried about them taking bub to nicu, now im having nightmare about it, which i think is because the hospital is saying such a thing didnt happen
hi nodrog while preg with Cheyenne DD1 i sold tupperware, I spent most of the money i made on more tupperware tongue .
I really enjoyed it, as for not having many friends you just need enough to get started and really encourage the host to get her friends lined up to book a follow up party (that helps you) because that is to her benefit because then she gets free tupperware. the more sales the more freebies. I was not real good at it, not enough of a sales woman, but I really enjoyed it. the main thing is to keep booking you next party as my Due date approached I stopped booking parties and it was just too hard to start up again. (I went back to full time work when Cheyenne was 6 months.

good luck with it and have fun. i made $500 in my first party, but my average was $300. remember everyone loves free stuff, so really explain the benefits of being a host. it is work doing letter box drops in your area too. I would be a host again but i can't be bothered finding a rep.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

BrookieB - I actually thought, would it be strange to do a recording of vacuum cleaner and give my baby an ipod for shopping trips lol! I actually have had success the last 2 mornings getting her to sleep without George (that's the name we gave to the vacuum!)

Nodrog - hope things pick up soon! While hubby is not working would it be possible to do relief teaching if things don't pick up? I am a nurse and have been thinking of doing the odd agency shift when my PPL ends. Wouldn't be easy to be away from the little one, but it's also not good being at home stressing about money.

Tahra&Kate - good to hear you're getting better and even better to hear that you are back to BF. I'm very pro BF - DH said I'm a hippie when it comes to babies! He didn't mean it in a rude way, but he's probably right haha

Jessiej - oh god! That's really all I can say!

Well I'm off to hospital appt this arvo to see if they are going to do anything about retained placenta... although now they are saying oh actually we think it's just retained products of conception... call it whatever you want, just fix it. They were going to admit me to hospital on Friday for IV antibiotics but didn't because I couldn't have DD in with me and they thought it would be ok to leave it over the w/end with just oral AB's. I just want it to be over, have had bleeding like period for 9 wks now, feeling very tired and drained. Well, will find out in a few hours what they plan on doing.

Sign in to follow this topic