Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

June babes 2011 Rss

hi girls

my DD2 Mikayla was born on the 9/6/11.

hopeing to see the girls from due in June on here soon.
If we already have a thread for babes born in June 2011 can someone please direct me to it.

good luck to all in these first weeks.

AFM
DD2 is 2 weeks 2days, and I have been advised by the MCHN to wake her every 3 hrs for a feed as she is not gaining much weight. but at the same time she is hydrated, we are getting plenty of wet & soild nappies. part of me wonders if it is just that all the different scales she has been weighed on are causing her weight to be miss measured. i only say this because in one 24hr period she gained 50gms but then in the next 7days she only gained 40gms. each time she was weighted on different scales as the first two were home visits. so different people with different scales.
oh well jsut have to see how she goes when she gets weighed on Monday.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

Hi BrookieB smile I've been having the same weight gain issues with Georgie! She was weighed on the 17th and had only put on 70 grams in the previous week. She was weighed again yesterday and had put on 310 grams the next week!! I had been making sure to feed her 2 to 3 hourly (apart from at night) the second week as she seems pretty content to sleep all the time.
I am now on my second round of antibiotics since she was born (chest infection) and have had to go back on my preventative asthma medication for the first time in 15 years. I'm wondering if this is having any effect on my milk supply - my guess would be yes! as the week she put on all the weight was the week I wasn't on antibiotics. Ah well, the trade off is that I can now breathe again!! laugh
Hey guys =)
Mias a week old already it's gone so quick! She is such a good bub! She only wakes once at night for a feed. Compared to DS who constantly screamed from the day he was born and still doesn't sleep at night..!
I can't believe she's finally here! grin
I hope everyone & bubs are doing well.
Nina Anne is now 3 days old. So glad I can finally move across to the baby born side of things. Atm, she likes to wake every hour or 2 during the night for a feed so pretty exhausting. My boobs are already twice the size of what they were a couple of days ago.

I'm so so happy to finally have her to hold in my arms. DS adores her and is constantly watching over her when she's not in her cot. Recovery is going really well.

Nina Anne is now 3 days old. So glad I can finally move across to the baby born side of things. Atm, she likes to wake every hour or 2 during the night for a feed so pretty exhausting. My boobs are already twice the size of what they were a couple of days ago.

I'm so so happy to finally have her to hold in my arms. DS adores her and is constantly watching over her when she's not in her cot. Recovery is going really well.

I love her name!! Your DS sounds like a sweetie smile I have had a few Dolly Parton moments myself lately!!! laugh

I love her name!!

Thanks Nodrog. Her name is actually quite special to me. Part of the reason I didn't want to share it earlier as well.

DS picked the name before Christmas (anatomy scan wasn't done until late Jan and even then they weren't sure if it was a girl). When he chose her name I ran to DH and suggested and mentioned before he said anything stupid he should remember that my Nana's name is Antonina and she is incredibly special to me. I couldn't wait to share it with her after she was born. Unfortunately, she passed away during the pregnancy (7th April) and we weren't sure if we should still use it but DH thought it made it even more special.

Anne was my mother's middle name and she passed away 10 years ago so as far as I was concerned, the middle name was never going to be anything else if it were a girl. It also helps that my sister's middle name is Anne, as with my DH's sister and he has an Aunt Annie. So it's a popular name in both families.

My dad and aunty were both quite emotional over the choice of their mother's name for our new little girl and very happy about it. It makes me very happy that I can honour the 2 greatest female influences in my life in such a way. (LOL - I'm getting tearful just typing this). We've had loads of comments on the name and I'm very happy to share the story with all of you. Would love to hear the stories behind any other names if people are willing to share.

Hi my bub is 8 days old today and has been constipated for 3 days now. I was breastfeeding for 3 days and due to fast weight loss i decided to change to formula using s26 gold. Cooper is now feeding better and has more energy its just a problem he wont poo. Any ideas as to what i could do to help him?

Thanks Nodrog. Her name is actually quite special to me. Part of the reason I didn't want to share it earlier as well.

DS picked the name before Christmas (anatomy scan wasn't done until late Jan and even then they weren't sure if it was a girl). When he chose her name I ran to DH and suggested and mentioned before he said anything stupid he should remember that my Nana's name is Antonina and she is incredibly special to me. I couldn't wait to share it with her after she was born. Unfortunately, she passed away during the pregnancy (7th April) and we weren't sure if we should still use it but DH thought it made it even more special.

Anne was my mother's middle name and she passed away 10 years ago so as far as I was concerned, the middle name was never going to be anything else if it were a girl. It also helps that my sister's middle name is Anne, as with my DH's sister and he has an Aunt Annie. So it's a popular name in both families.

My dad and aunty were both quite emotional over the choice of their mother's name for our new little girl and very happy about it. It makes me very happy that I can honour the 2 greatest female influences in my life in such a way. (LOL - I'm getting tearful just typing this). We've had loads of comments on the name and I'm very happy to share the story with all of you. Would love to hear the stories behind any other names if people are willing to share.

That's beautiful =) I love names with meaning. Mia's middle name (Jessie) has been in our family for generations. My Nan's middle name was Jessie and her mother etc I'm not actually sure how far back it goes so I was very proud to continue the tradition =). Mia isn't sentimental but it was the only name me and DP both liked!
The story of Georgie's name is a bit silly really, actually the story of her big sister Hazel's name is a bit silly too!!
DH grows macadamia trees and we had a joke going for years that we would name all our kids after types of nuts, DD#1 is called Hazel because I fell in love with the name, when I suggested that we actually call her that DH said 'but that was just a joke!!' DH chose her middle name - Elizabeth - and I was really happy with it as I am a Jane Austen buff and LOVE Pride and Prejudice.
Which leads us to DD#2, her name, Georgiana, is the name of Mr Darcy's little sister in P and P!! I was really stuck on names and DH reminded me of it as it was number 2 on our list last time. I chose her middle name, as I am a fan of old fashioned names and thought it sounded great with her first name. So we have ended up with TWO themes - after me swearing that we wouldn't be a 'theme' family.
Hazel Elizabeth
Georgiana Ivy
Both botanical and both from Pride and Prejudice.
P.S. DH said NO to my first suggestion for a middle name (Darcy) as he said that was a bit obsessive!! Well what does he expect when he is married to an English teacher?!?

Hi my bub is 8 days old today and has been constipated for 3 days now. I was breastfeeding for 3 days and due to fast weight loss i decided to change to formula using s26 gold. Cooper is now feeding better and has more energy its just a problem he wont poo. Any ideas as to what i could do to help him?

I remember I had a similar problem with DS. My sister and I went to the chemist and I was able to get something from there to help and it worked within one day. Can't remember what it was called though. It came in a liquid so I mixed some in a bottle for him. If you head to the chemist, they should have a few different ones for you to choose from.

Sorry I'm not much more help on it than that - it was about 3 years ago.

change formula. my DD1 had the same problem on S26 gold.
try nan or karricare and try to avoid the gold as they are richer.
other wise lay in a warm bath with him and massage his tummy. this worked for DD1 she pood in the bath. hehehe

hi girls glad you found me.

no stories for my names, just names we liked. we tried to go through the family names, but none of them worked for us. I'm boring I know. I love the family links to names. nodrog, I can't understand why DH thought Darcy was going to far grin . you have chosen beautiful names for your girls.

AFM I have thrush in my breasts/nipples, makes feeding very painful, it took two weeks to work out that this is what it is, as I was experiencing symptoms I didn't even know were symptoms of thrush. started treatment yesterday, feeding has been less painful, I was nearly ready to switch to formula, so hopefully the pain will be gone completely soon.

had DD2 weighed again yesterday and she had gained 200gms in 4 days. yay. we are in for a 9 hr drive with the girls on thursday as we are going interstate for a family funeral. my Grandma passed away on sunday. I really want to be at her funeral. i haven't seen her for years as she had dimentia (for the last 10 yrs) and we were asked to remember her as she was. that was 3yrs ago. she no longer knew we were visiting, even while we were there. so hopefully Mikayla will travel okay. Cheyenne was 5 weeks old when we took her to meet the family.

Sign in to follow this topic