Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

April/May bubs Rss

I got the bottles from chemist warehouse but they sell them at pretty much all chemists, they are the first choice wide neck bottles, have a look on their website, just google NUK bottles and it will come up. They have cute designs on the bottles too.

I got the bottles from chemist warehouse but they sell them at pretty much all chemists, they are the first choice wide neck bottles, have a look on their website, just google NUK bottles and it will come up. They have cute designs on the bottles too.

thanks!!...

i had the breastfeeding lady come in today and little miss fed really well for the first time!! and she woke up 4 hrs later after her feed! then i had the inlaws come over so i gave her a bottle and it only held her two hours! then gave her another bottle then again two hours! then BF and bang 4 hrs she slept! lol so its 4 am and i BF her lol im hoping it holds her 4 hrs again lol

xoxo

thanks!!...

i had the breastfeeding lady come in today and little miss fed really well for the first time!! and she woke up 4 hrs later after her feed! then i had the inlaws come over so i gave her a bottle and it only held her two hours! then gave her another bottle then again two hours! then BF and bang 4 hrs she slept! lol so its 4 am and i BF her lol im hoping it holds her 4 hrs again lol

xoxo

Thats great!! so what was the difference in you feeding her before the lady came? was Maja not attaching properly? what did the lady show you that was different? I went to the library yesterday and borrowed the book "all you need to know about breastfeeding" started reading it and its really good, maybe you should check it out, it gives me the confidence to keep breastfeeding.

Hi all
I'm from the "due in may group" so know a few of you already
My name is Chantelle and had my son Kaeden on the 28 April at 9.11am,weighing 3120g,50cm length,33cm hc.It's been a week today since i've been home and coping ok so far.Oh yeah had a c/sect so still sore but keeping up with pain relief and can't wait til i'm up and about properly.Also have quite bad fluid retention in my feet/ankles

Thats great!! so what was the difference in you feeding her before the lady came? was Maja not attaching properly? what did the lady show you that was different? I went to the library yesterday and borrowed the book "all you need to know about breastfeeding" started reading it and its really good, maybe you should check it out, it gives me the confidence to keep breastfeeding.

she judt showed me how to latch her on properly like to curve the nipple correctly which made a world of difference!..i havnt used a bottle since and she is still sleeping 4 hrs which is fantastic. i know they say BF babies should be fed at least 8 times a day but she is just to full to have any more then her 6 a day maybe once she gose through her growth spurts she will eat more but she seems so much happier she might have one burp in her whole feed she is less crampy i can really see the difference in her behaviour and im so happy

xoxo

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!!!
im coming over from may babys thred

jaxon arrived buy emergency c/sec on 1-5-11 at 7:33am weighted 7pound 7oz 50cm long.he had a bad start to the world he stoped brething then had to go to PMH(children hospital)becuase he had fluid in his lungs but was brought back to me the next day he did recoved very fast i finaly got to meet my little man the next day and it was the most rewarding part on the hole pregancy

i feel kinds down about having to have a c/sec because he was breech..but it was the safest way to being him in to this big world.
im recovering quicker then i though i would.but i would never have a c/sec agen if it was up to me

im bf jaxon and its going pritty well my boobs were so sore and full the first couple day but have settled down alot witch is good.i was going to give up from the pain on my boobs and the c/sec i wasnt copping to well with all the pain.but im glad i didnt give up .he sleeps good for us he waking up about every 2/3 hours at night but i cant tell if he awake cozz he dont cry he just makes noices. iv very lucky to have such a good baby ( agen) but i better not jinx my self
my nipples are still sore and craked but using cream for that
will have to go read all the comments to catch up everyone else

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.c

Hi evey one i was on due in may thred but found this on just thought id add myself...

connor james on 23rd may 8lb7oz and 52.5 cm long all went well got to hospital about 5:30 am and he was born at 11:24am ..mind you i was in labour from about 6pm but chose to stay home till i couldnt stand the contractions any more

could you please add me to the facebook group viesia6@hotmail.com as i dont really get on huggies much as its too hard on my phone

Nothing to see here....... so move on

Hi all,
My baby Koby was born 7th April he will be 12wks 2moro sad gone way to fast.

Anyway just curious how much everyone elses bubby weighs at this age?
Hi!

Baby girl Lyla was born on the 4th of May. A few days after her due date but only little at 2.6kg. She was 51cm long. She is 8 weeks today, I can't believe how fast it has gone!

Hi all,
My baby Koby was born 7th April he will be 12wks 2moro sad gone way to fast.

Anyway just curious how much everyone elses bubby weighs at this age?

My boy Cooper is April 5th and not sure of his exact weight buy at his 8 week plunket visit he weighed 6.65 kg... though he is a big boy and wearing the clothes my older son wore when he was 7 months lol.
Hi all!! My first, Hayden was born on 18th April weighing in at a huge 10lb 6oz (4.69kg). He was born naturally at 3.39am with a head circumference of 37cm and length of 54cm.

I have taken a while to come on here by the looks of it hehe...I have caught up with all thats been going on in your worlds, congratulations all on the birth of your precious babies. I have been reading all about the problems that you have faced and I have gone through all of the same.

I breastfed Hayden until he was 6 weeks old, I was supplementing him with formula for 2 weeks as he was not putting any weight on and he had lost a little more than 11% of his birthweight. ( I personally didn't think it was that bad, to me he was a lil heffer!!) He put on a lil bit of weight while on the supplement feeds, but when I stopped them he didn't gain. I stopped altogether at 6 weeks as I was becoming so stressed out, which didn't help the milk flow.

I was on medication to increase my supply, which didn't actually come in until Hayden was 2.5weeks old. So I didn't have my 'baby blues' that usually happens at 3-4 days until Hayden was about 2.5weeks old!!

As it turns out my supply wasn't the issue, I had heaps of milk in the end, (I can still get some out now), the issue was Hayden not wanting to feed properly. He attached well from day one, however he was a grazer. He would feed for 1/2 hour then he didn't want anymore, then he would be screaming an hour later for food...In the end I was feeding for almost 1 1/2 hours at a time...very draining.

Anyway I look forward to hearing more from you girls...I'm glad I'm not the only one that has these problems.

Oh by the way, we use 'Infants Friend' for colic...it is amazing...but late on the advice I know...but oh well haha...Hope its all sorted out for you now...We also put Hayden on his side those days that he wouldn't settle. My hubby freaked out!! haha...I was not in the least worried.
Hi All,

I am a late comer to this thread. I was due in June but my 2nd baby DS Malakai came on 17th April by emergency c-section due to placenta complications he weighed 830gm (1lb13). I saw him briefly in surgery and then not again till he was 2 days old because I was so ill and in ICU. He was in NICU for 2 weeks then SCBU for 5 weeks. Have had him home for 5 weeks and he had his 3month check and immunisations the other day and he is now 3kg (my sister had her baby a couple of weeks ago and her baby was born 3.6kg). I have expressed the entire time and yes it does get very tedious. Malakai BF for the first time when he was a month old he is still breastfeeding (with a nipple shield) and also takes bottles of breast milk (as I found this easier to give him his medicine). It is amazing what we stress about I'm all for BF but the push for it can freak mums out about bottles. Don't stress the bottles they are a very helpful tool and really in the end ur baby on a bottle is better if it means you don't have a breakdown. Whether it EBM or formula.

I live in Auckland and am keen to get to know mums around here as haven't lived here that long. Also could someone let me know if there is a FB Page for this group as I go on there all the time.
Sign in to follow this topic