Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

**October 2009 Babies** Rss

Marnit- Hope you are feeling better soon! Engorged breasts-ouch! take care of yourself.

Jaz&Logansmum- we had a few problems with jealousy, mainly with DS2(21 months) when I am feeding DS3 he will want to sit on my lap and occasionally lashes out at bub, think he's just trying to work out his place in the household, but he's getting much better and I try and spend as much one on one time with him as possible. I often tell him to get a book and he'll sit on the floor next to me when I'm feeding and I'll read to him. Also we always fuss over the two older boys more than the baby, and DH always acknowledges them with kisses and cuddles when he gets home from work before he goes to the baby.

Well TJ is 4 weeks old on Thursday, gosh it's gone way to quick! I want him to stay this little forever. He really is a perfect baby! Third time lucky as both DS1 and DS2 had different issues as babies and times were really, really hard. TJ is feeding 4-5 hourly during the day and he goes to bed at 8:30 and will feed once at 3amish and then sleep through til about 7-8. He's so content and you rarely hear him cry, he loves being in the bath too which is awesome! I know how lucky I am!

Hope everyone is doing well and that babies are settling in at home. xx

hi all I am glad everyone is doing well.

we have no problems with jealousy which surprised me.

well Thomas is 3 weeks old tomorrow. He is feeding every 2-3 hrs day and night so not much sleep and he isn't very good at settling after a feed unless I am holding him. so I am going to do a bit of research for some hints.

enjoy your babies ladies

Arrrhhhh, I can't believe Logan is already a week old...... it's gone so quickly sad.
I've pretty much always said that Logan would be my last but i think i want another bubba already lol.
DF leaves for Melbourne tomorrow morning for 3 days, i don't know how i'm going to cope....I just hope Jaz is good and doesn't muck up too much. I just wished she would sleep during the day then she wouldn't be so naughty in the evening.
Anyways best be off
Kez

Thank you everyone regarding the positive comments regarding my feeding problems - I have decided I am done trying - I have milk but it's not coming out - my equiptment was obviously damaged in the surgery so we are now officially fully bottle feeding - I was a bit sad but Sidney is so much happier now and the most important thing is that she is thriving.

I co-slept for the first time last night and it was amazing - I managed 4hrs of deep sleep and a few hours of dozing and that's great as the previous nights I had not slept at all between 12am and 5am. I was really against co-sleeping at first as I don't want Sid sleeping in our bed when she is a little bigger but my midwife assures me that up until 6wks it's all good - so we will get through the next few weeks and start transitioning her but right now both her and I need to sleep at night and it just was not happening in her room.

Hope everyone else is well.

OMG My baby is 1 month old!!! Why does the time have to go so quickly? She is still like a newborn though and is only just starting to become alert(IYKWIM). I think she is going to be pretty laid back smile

Marni - I loved those first few weeks of co - sleeping smile With DD1 we did it until she was 6 weeks, DD2 we have only just got her out of our bed about 6 months ago (never going there again lol) and with Mahli I am too tired to do it and worry that if I do I might roll on her so she just gets in with me when she wakes at 5.

We had our first decent night sleep last night!!! Mahli went to bed at 10 woke for a feed at 3 settled back down by 3.45 and woke at 5. Its amazing how good you feel if you get a few hours straight sleep!!

Hope everyone is doing well and mums are getting lots of sleep and precious cuddles from bubs xx

Posted by: Princess_Bubba_Bump
OMG My baby is 1 month old!!! Why does the time have to go so quickly?

i agree!! time goes so slowly for the last couple of weeks of pregnancy yet as soon as the baby is born time speeds up way to much lol

once i stop trying to BF they boys deena stopped being jealous of them - shes actually become really helpful and she loves giving the boys kisses lol

the boys have settled in really well. they feed every 3-4hrs during the day and 4-5hrs at night - alhough they tend to wake at different times during the night. DP usually feeds the first one and i feed the second smile]

Alana- Your and amazing women! Im glad everything is going well with your twins!! I wnt be compaining about getting up to my one baby!! The toddler doesn't count he sleep though at night time.

Taking one day at a time seems to be the trick with my toddler, he has his goos days and bad days. Having people over to visit is the killer with him he goes feral. Poor little guy.

Baby is doing well no problems with her feeding. She is hard to settle during the day! She wakes up twize during the night for a feeds! Otherwise things are sailing along.

Im greatful my partner has a mth off. SO he can look after the toddler even though he is exhausted doing so hehe he said he needs to go back to work for a break! smile Sook.

Hopee veryone is doing well and bubs are going well too.

Watch out for those baby blues! Im hoping mine have passed. smile

Sarah xxx
Posted by: *Joel&Chloe4ever*

Taking one day at a time seems to be the trick with my toddler, he has his goos days and bad days. Having people over to visit is the killer with him he goes feral. Poor little guy.

I found this too with Jaz, when i have visitors she goes feral especially if they are not paying her any attention. She is so use to being centre of attention.

Kez

I have so much respect for all of you mummys who have toddlers/other children at home with a newborn. I have no idea at all how you do it....not sure if I ever want to LOL - it's overwhelming at times with one let alone another one who wants attention as well.

You guys are amazing keep up the fantastic work.

Posted by: MarniT
I have so much respect for all of you mummys who have toddlers/other children at home with a newborn. I have no idea at all how you do it....not sure if I ever want to LOL - it's overwhelming at times with one let alone another one who wants attention as well.
You guys are amazing keep up the fantastic work.

As crazy as this is going to sound... I find it easier with 3 than I did when I had just the first one!
The first 6 weeks are definately the hardest! I had NO idea with my first, even though I had read every pregnancy and parenting book ever written (well, almost!) then I had this baby that fed ALL day and NEVER slept I thought all the books lied! You (eventually) get into a routine, and actually start to enjoy parenting!

I now have a DS1 who will be 4 in February, DS2 who is 21 months and DS3 who is 4 weeks, they are all in a routine and know what to expect. I also have much more belief in myself and know what I'm doing, I'm far more relaxed, and I have no doubt that babies pick up on your stress and respond to it badly.

You and bub are BOTH learning the ropes, it can be extremely demanding, confusing and bloody hard some days, but it gets better, so so so much better and before you know it they are looking up at you and smiling like you are the most important person in the world.
Take one day at a time, don't try and be superwoman, trust in yourself and remember baby's cry, they're not going to die from it, sometimes you need to just walk away, take a breath, have a cuppa or call a friend then go in and get bub. All mum's have been though days when you want to close the day and not listen, but as every day/week/month passes, those days become less and less.

And remember, there's always someone here to listen or ask a question to, no matter how silly it may seem. smile]

Posted by: ~*my*3*boys*~
As crazy as this is going to sound... I find it easier with 3 than I did when I had just the first one!
The first 6 weeks are definately the hardest! I had NO idea with my first, even though I had read every pregnancy and parenting book ever written (well, almost!) then I had this baby that fed ALL day and NEVER slept I thought all the books lied! You (eventually) get into a routine, and actually start to enjoy parenting!

I now have a DS1 who will be 4 in February, DS2 who is 21 months and DS3 who is 4 weeks, they are all in a routine and know what to expect. I also have much more belief in myself and know what I'm doing, I'm far more relaxed, and I have no doubt that babies pick up on your stress and respond to it badly.

You and bub are BOTH learning the ropes, it can be extremely demanding, confusing and bloody hard some days, but it gets better, so so so much better and before you know it they are looking up at you and smiling like you are the most important person in the world.
Take one day at a time, don't try and be superwoman, trust in yourself and remember baby's cry, they're not going to die from it, sometimes you need to just walk away, take a breath, have a cuppa or call a friend then go in and get bub. All mum's have been though days when you want to close the day and not listen, but as every day/week/month passes, those days become less and less.

And remember, there's always someone here to listen or ask a question to, no matter how silly it may seem. smile]

so very very true smile]

My little man is such a gem, he slept though the night, 11.30pm till 6.30am. It feels so good to have a decent nights sleep.

Hope everyone is doing well

Kez

Sign in to follow this topic