Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. When was your baby born?
  5. ?ï? ?ï? ~ June 2008 Babies ~ ?ï? ?ï?

?ï? ?ï? ~ June 2008 Babies ~ ?ï? ?ï? Rss

Erin, wow, I must ask my aunt if they are selling their place cos it could be where u are living.... how wierd is that.... last year we found out we lived close by cos we went to the same shopping centre when it first opened and now u could be living at my relos place..... hehehehe........

Kerry, that'll be great.... it'll be nice to finally meet someone from here..... ur on fb too aren't u..... i'll pm u and send u a msg on fb..... It'll be great if u can tell us some nice places to go to....

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

I can't remember who asked cause there's been so many posts since, but our wedding is August 2010, so will prob hold off on my dress for a bit longer.

So what are you all doing for their 1st b'days???

We had a party for Zoe, just a small one, so that's what we are going to do for Will too. Just close family, maybe a few friends. His B'day is on a Friday, not sure yet whether to do it on the Fri or on the Sun. Sat I work.

Mel, yeah, since ur wedding is in Aug next year, it's best to hold off on the dress for a while..... how long do they generally take to for the dress making?????

Well, for my older one, we did have a big 1st b'day prob around 90 ppl but she was the first grandchild on both sides so very special.... Not saying Akeesha's not special but don't see the point in doing something that big but it'll be small/big if that makes sense....Prob about 50 or so. Just close family and friends.... Her b'day falls on a Wed but we're gonna have it on the sunday (cos my hubby is full vegetarian and alcohol free on Sat) cos otherwise he'll miss out on all the yummy food and of course the drinks too..... Might org a clown or something just to entertain the kids..... Not sure yet though.....

what's everyone else planning??????

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

THey said about 14-16weeks incl delivery. She said she can make it with a corset back so that if I gain/loose weight can just adjust it, so that me be the way to go. I am thinking of ordering in Aug that way it should be here before the end of the year. Then should something go wrong still have time to look for a backup dress. I have sussed her out pretty well, they sound pretty organised and professional. Now just to choose which dress I like. I have it down to two, still yet to try one on. HOpefully next month some time.

We are going to look at the reception/ceremony venue on Thurs and in the arvo meeting with our first celebrant. She comes to your house which is great. Does $450 sound resonable for a celebrant. Have been looking on the net and they are roughly around $350-$450. This lady doesn't sound too pushy though kwim?? She also has some great reviews and has won a few awards???

Next month too we are meeting with our first photographer, what sort of questions do I ask him???

Thanks Mel

P.S I think we will have Will's b'day on the Sun as my sis boys go to school, so wouldn't be able to have it till late arvo on the Friday. As for whether its just friends or family I still deciding, is anyone having a theme?

Mel, so, do u get to choose any dress u like and ask them to make it for u or do u have to choose from a pattern that they have???? Either way, if u already have it down to 2 then u should be ok!!!!!

Yeah, $450 for a celebrant sounds fairly reasonable.... I paid the same and it was 7 years ago..... But mine we just did the civil ceremony at home here cos I actually had the reception overseas. Make sure to double check all the names they have written down ie both urs, your witnesses etc cos on our marriage certificate, my witnesses names are entirely wrong.....

I have no idea about the photographers because I didn't have to deal with it. But all I can say is make sure to get a decent photographer cos at the end of it all, all u have are the pics to look at so it's really important to get that right.

I don't think I'll have a theme for the party cos there's not that many kids who would dress up in a theme coming. They are all either too old or too little.....

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

Lets try this post again (I'm so sick of this forum I wish they would fix the problems) anyone else having trouble????
It takes 5 or 6 goes to log in the another 5 or 6 to post... GRRR

Anyway my reply was I am not having a dress up theme, just buying eveything Thomas Tank.

Also they can make any dress, just have to email them the photos. I wish I could show you girls, but I have no idea how to load them up so you can view them...

Will has cut another tooth since we last spoke. I think he is getting all the top 4 ones.... poor bugga

This is the third time trying to post this message

I can feel another tooth this morning, another top one.

For the first time last night he slept through the night. First time in about 4-5 months. He must have those teeth now, so we will prob get a few good nights sleep, then it will start all over again lol..........

Mel I hope the teeth settle down for Will soon.

Chris has been a little unsettled the last few night. I'm thnking it might be the heavy rain waking him up.

I had my 13 week ultrasound today and so for the measurement for downs look good. Had the bloods done after and should get the results in a few days.

Got a call from the hospital on tuesday and the Doctor wants me to see him next tuesday instead of next month i think because i had Cholestasis with Chris. So might have to go see them more often.

Anyway better go and get some house woprk done while the girls are at daycare

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

OMG guess what Chris took a step today. He did it 2 times.
Lined hiself up (in my direction) Steadied himself and took a step. He then fell on his bum but it was so cute

So he might be walking soon. Doesn't really surprise me Jess was walking at 9 months and Steph at 10 months

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Wow Erin how exciting for Chris walking. I am in no hurry for Kye to walk he is my last baby so want him to stay that.

We are going camping on Sunday till Thursday and dreading it as poor Kye will be bored as or dirty. What are you suppose to do with them when they are so little? When we get back will fill you in on whether it was a disaster or ok.

As for 1st birthdays i was in spotlight today and have ordered some balloons for Kye. We are having the party at home on Sunday 31st and will probably end up with 30-40 people family and friends. Hope it doesn't rain.

I was in toys r us today and looking at things to get Kye for his bday. So far ideas include Stacking rings and a ride on bike. Not sure if i will tell these ideas to others to get or if i will buy. Thought might even get him 1 or 2 presents and wait until after the party to get him so we don't double up and have to do returns. Any other ideas for a 4th child who has nearly everything.

Have a great weekend and Easter if i don't get back on b4.

ps Erin have you popped out yet any photos?

"Hi everybody" (best Dr Nick voice) have you missed me?? Sorry it's been so long!! If I haven't been working at odd hours of the day (shift work) I have been running around after both kids by myself (DH been working flat out too). I haven't had a minute to myself. Lol, I don't know how you guys do it??
We have big news here. Macey is walking, all by her little self. So proud of her. For a while there she could take a couple of steps but then she would just get so excited that she would either jump or try to run. Both resulting in her falling flat on her face. Lol. We have just started playgroup too. I have just been taking Kaili so far cos it's only been a couple of days and then once she is settled in a little, I will take Mace too. We had an easter egg hunt today and the kids loved it. I think all eggs were consumed within about 1 second of them all being found. Wow, how quick has that gone. It will be Easter next weekend. Then only another month or so and everyone turns 1! I swear it's getting faster and faster. I never seem to have enough time to do anything.
Better go, dinner just rocked up (I am being super lazy tonight and have ordered pizza. Yum!)
Hope everyone else is well, I will come back on here, hopefully later tonight and catch up on my goss with everyone. xx

Yeah for lil Chris and Macey, that's sooo exciting!!!!! Akeesha's still trying hard to stand up but just gives up after a few falls!!!!! she'll get there.... can't wait!!!!!

How are all the bubbies going???? Anyone else going away for easter???? I'm gotta start packing but I just keep delaying it!!!!!! Hubby's now sick with the flu so I'm praying that the rest of us will be ok!!!!!!

Anyway, that's all for me..... Hope u all have lovely easter..... TC

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

Sign in to follow this topic