Lamb leg steak salad with roquefort dressing
Keywords: iron, conception, male fertility, female fertility, protein
A delicious salad, rich in protein, iron, and essential vitamins. Perfect for a BBQ, dinner party, or refreshing dinner on a hot summer’s night.
- 5 lamb leg steaks
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 5 cups mixed salad leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and blanched (optional)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 3 tbspns fresh dill tips, chopped
- 2/3 cup Roquefort cheese
- 2/3 cup pouring cream
- black pepper
- pink peppercorns, to garnish
- Combine olive oil and garlic.
- Scrub lemon under hot water, juice and add lemon juice to oil mixture.
- Add the lemon halves and the lamb steaks. Marinate at least three hours, or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade, pat dry, brush lightly with extra olive oil and char-grill or panfry to desired doneness. (Leg steaks are best cooked pink). Rest.
- Grate the cucumber and leave to stand in a sieve, pressing lightly with the back of a spoon to remove any excess water. Add the dill.
- Whisk together the Roquefort and cream. Add the cucumber and dill, and black pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad leaves and asparagus, if using, between five plates. Finely slice the lamb and toss with the salad.
- Pour over dressing, and garnish with pink peppercorns, if desired.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...